INDUSTRY-FIRST WIRELESS CONNECTIVITY
LAUNCH FOR ROBIS
4 June 2019, Rotronics is delighted to launch the industry-first Rotronics Online Battery Information System, ROBIS, with new wireless connectivity for commercial vehicle and retail customers, which will provide live battery performance data with instant visible results. With proven return on investment, ROBIS reduces non-starts and roadside defects, which will save workshops considerable funds and significantly improve their fleet performance and battery budgets.
The new wireless connectivity allows retail and fleet workshop managers and head office fleet teams to analyse their vehicle and battery testing output, without the previous manual download of the SD card from the battery tester. This means that instant data is visible on the personalised ROBIS dashboard, test results cannot be falsified in any way, there is no wait time to receive battery data and our ROBIS experts can instantly detect faulty equipment or incorrect use of the testing technology in any workshop or retail-testing environment.
In the event of a vehicle battery defect, the new wireless ROBIS portal can determine whether there was any unactioned work that should have been carried out and was missed or, in the case of retail applications, what sales conversion opportunity exits to those converted into sales. This ensures that management teams have under-the-microscope analysis of their teams’ activities and battery management practices and will know how many tests are being carried out by technicians and sales staff daily, aiding workshop compliance. Workshop managers will be able to immediately track the number of daily vehicle inspections against the number of battery tests performed.
Warranty claims processes can be instantly submitted, as they happen, without the usual laborious paperwork. All warranty claims previously rested on a printer report from the hand-held battery tester – this can now all be done online.
The new wireless ROBIS technology enables the Rotronics team to work with customers throughout the world and this means that ROBIS is now a global proposition, offering customers the same instant online results, regardless of location.
Ken Clark, Managing Director of Rotronics, says: “We are absolutely delighted to be able to completely change the capability of battery management technology with our launch of wireless ROBIS – this is an industry game-changer and will save considerable sums of money. Our customers will be able to extract and create weekly charging schedules against those vehicles tested that require charging and they can compare non-start defects against latest routine maintenance tests. Retail users can now identify sales opportunity versus conversion rates achieved, maximising sales output and trend analysis.
“We know from our customers that being able to validate their warranty claims instantly and online is going to be vital as those reports can be easily lost and have an extremely high value – for OE customers this can be in the region of £500. We know from our customers that these test machine reports are frequently lost.”
“We see that ROBIS is an essential tool in supporting our workshop battery maintenance and charging practices, within our planned maintenance procedures. The portal gives us visibility of what our workshops are doing and how this affects the reliability of our fleet.”
Steve Morris, Technical Engineering Manager, Stagecoach Group
Key Features of ROBIS
What will ROBIS do for your business? ROBIS will reduce non-starts, help workshops save money and reduce their battery budgets by reducing roadside defects. The battery performance across a fleet will be improved and your warranty processes can be streamlined as ROBIS provides under-the-microscope data regarding battery performance. ROBIS will deliver proven ROI supporting your workshop battery management programme and will provide uniformed testing practices across your business. ROBIS will benefit your customers when you reduce lost miles and delivery penalties; you can make sure that vehicles are where they should be, when they should be.
Ken Clark, managing director of Rotronics, says: “ROBIS will reduce non-starts as it becomes central to helping fleet managers and owners evaluate exactly how their batteries perform across the fleet. ROBIS can gather national/regional data to one source and is a great tool to help reduce unnecessary battery-related costs in a workshop budget.
“Our customers have been extremely positive so far; they are amazed by the level of data and information that can be extracted from our battery management process. ROBIS offers under-the-microscope battery performance data and can support battery suppliers with valuable trend analysis. ROBIS will show real-time cost savings in the proactive use of the Rotronics battery management programme.”
New Key Features of ROBIS
- Live data reported into ROBIS, for instant results visibility
- No need to extract SD card from tester
- Warranty claims immediately processed and can be submitted as they happen
- Know instantly how many tests are being carried out by technicians daily aiding compliance
- Instant ability to track the number of daily vehicle inspections against the number of battery tests performed
- Accurately compare “non-start” defects against latest routine maintenance test.
- Extract and create weekly charging schedules against those vehicles tested as requiring charging
- Centralised dashboard showing regional and national KPI output of workshop battery test performance
- Early detection of vehicle and battery related performance issues
- Instant online access to current and historical workshop battery test results.
- User uploadable fleet information list to enable vehicle performnace and trend analysis
- Tracking of equipment usage across multiple locations
- Benchmarking of regional and national tests result comparision and league tables.
- Auditing of technician input, to measure and identify any training needs required.
- Delivery of continuity across business, with KPI dashboard measuring key deliverables.
- Centralised database ebnabling visability of all data, without risk of data loss.
- Active vehicle database exception reporting of vehicles not being maintained.
- Highlight battery performance issues and trends, to understand the qualiity of the batteries you fit to your vehicles.
- Active Warranty management reporting processes, enabling semi-automated warranty process.
- Multiple reporting sofware, enables numerous bespoke reports to be produced.
- Proven ROI capability, enabling measurement of success versus impact of non-compliance.
- Peronalised datbase with company logo
Internet access is required and users will receive a personalised, secure login which will give multiple user access to the dashboard, reports, warranty management and the regional/national statistics of their fleet. The dashoard works on any PC, tablet or mobile phone device and gives instant access to current and historical workshop testing results and analysis.
The workshop and management team can manage both workshop maintenance and vehicle reliability trends with their personalised reports. These reports will also help them identify individual training needs within the overall battery maintenance process.
With minimal input from the technical team, workshops can actively manage and process their warranty claims. ROBIS can provide a comprehensive overview of the battery health and lifecycle performance if fleet information is uploaded into the database; this will help warranty adjudication for both user and supplier.
Please contact Rotronics now to discuss ROBIS. For more information on Rotronics and the battery management programmes, go to www.rotronicsbms.com and call Ken Clark on 0121 526 8185. You can also email [email protected]
Rotronics is part of Rubery Owen www.ruberyowen.com, a company at the forefront of automotive component technology since the birth of the motor car and has been synonymous with quality and enterprise over the years.